Maintenance Technician (Mechanical)
Company: Arlon Graphics
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Summary/Objective:This position requires a multi-skilled person to
perform all phases of maintenance within our organization.
Multi-tasking of both mechanical and electrical skills to maintain
our equipment and processes. To be capable of performing tasks
required to rebuild, modify or adjust our equipment and processes
related to producing the best product possible. To follow and carry
out the tasks assigned efficiently and completely. To train others
as required. Complete repairs and maintains machinery and
mechanical equipment such as motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor
systems, production machines, equipment by performing the following
- Performs general tasks in the maintenance of the plant
facility, including machinery building, and grounds.
- Carries out routine preventative maintenance program including
inspection and lubrication of machinery.
- Perform outlined preventive maintenance on all equipment along
with necessary repairs and/or replacement.
- Able to interpret anticipated problems due to malfunction of
equipment and initiate independent action required.
- Troubleshoot electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical
failures in order to make necessary repairs.
- Perform electrical and mechanical maintenance and repairs.
- Records and maintains a daily record of accomplishments.
- Troubleshoots and repairs machinery.
- Performs electrical maintenance, repairs and installation of
110, 220, 480, single and 3 phase.
- Pipefitting and plumbing tasks, with occasional janitorial
- Troubleshooting and repair of machinery.
- Electrical Maintenance.
- Building repairs.
- Welding includes arc, stick, tig and mig.
- Performs fabrication using lathes.
- Handling Hazardous Waste and following procedures.Expected
Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position.
- Days and hours of work are evenings starting Wednesday evening
through Sunday morning, 6:00 pm. to 6.00 am.
- Schedule is: (Day 1, 6pm 12pm, Day 2 6pm to 6am, Day 3 6pm 6am,
Day 4 6pm to 6am) 42 hours. Facility runs 24/7 and schedules may
change if the operation demands it.Skills and Experience:
- Must embody the Arlon core values of Teamwork, Excellence,
Accountability, Integrity and Inspiration on a daily basis.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot equipment quickly and
- Must be capable of adjusting components to obtain and maintain
proper performance based on manufacturer and company
- Must be capable of repairing both mechanically and electrically
any defective parts.
- Capable of utilizing, obtaining, and retaining information
gathered from the manufacturers manuals and drawings and using this
information in maintaining those components and processes within
the manufacturers specification.
- Willing to function as a team member toward the achievement of
this companys goals and objectives.
- Electrical maintenance - safe, working knowledge, electrician
level not required.
- Welding - ARC, TIG, MIG experience or working knowledge in any
of these areas is helpful.
- In maintaining equipment: a working experience for some
fabricating of repair parts is required. Machinist level of
experience is not required.
- Must be capable of reading and interpreting blueprints, wiring
diagrams, and schematics.
- Must be able to operate a forklift, scissor lift, and other
similar maintenance vehicles.
- Must be able to work at heights.
- Must be able to do basic arithmetic, including addition,
subtraction, multiplication and division.Qualification
Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Minimum HS diploma and 5 or more years experience in related
areas, and or trade school.
- Good technical knowledge in all related areasLanguage Skills:
Excellent communication skills required. Must have the ability to
communicate effectively, both verbally and in written, with all
levels of organization and external suppliers and customers.
Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk
or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee
is frequently required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger,
handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.The employee must
frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust
focus and the ability to distinguish printed colour.Work
Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Some exposure to hazardous chemicals. Exposure
to typical noise levels in a maintenance shop.Other Duties:Please
note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
without notice.EEO StatementArlon is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. PM18
Keywords: Arlon Graphics, Placentia , Maintenance Technician (Mechanical), Professions , Placentia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!