Company: Arlon Graphics LLC
Posted on: August 11, 2019
This key position is responsible for the procurement of global raw
materials and product within Arlon. This role with execute buying
decisions to ensure raw materials are in sufficient stock for
current and future demand and quantities to meet production
requirements. The buyer is expected to build relationships with
external suppliers and become knowledgeable of their capabilities
and future business potential. Key Responsibilities:Essential Buyer
- Manage the purchasing and inventory levels for all outside
supplied raw materials used in the production facility as well as
outside warehouses if necessary.
- Handle day-to-day correspondence concerning over-shipments,
delivery shortages, changes in quantity, delivery dates, and prices
and report such changes to the interested parties in a timely
manner as required.
- Complete purchase requests with domestic and international
suppliers by inputting purchase orders, expediting deliveries, and
verifying all transactions.
- Act as a liaison between suppliers and involved departments to
resolve procurement related problems.
- Process non-conforming material requests and RMA requests with
supply chain partners.
- Authorize payment for purchases by reviewing invoices and
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels consistent with targeted
inventory goals and stocking strategies to meet inventory turn and
- Works directly with suppliers in managing inventory levels and
purchases of raw materials.
- Provides detailed analysis as needed regarding purchasing
requirements, material usage, inventory levels and targets
- Analyzing historical data and forecast requirements to better
understand, and optimize purchasing levels.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending
workshops and reviewing professional publications.
- Assist internal and external customers by interpreting laws,
policy, codes, and regulations pertaining to purchasing; answer
inquiries both orally and in writing concerning purchasing
operations. Vendor/Supplier Management
- Monitor supplier performance by ensuring that product is
delivered as scheduled and meets specifications; maintaining
appropriate files and records of meetings with suppliers to ensure
company requirements are met
- Manage and publish vendor scorecards based on ISO requirements
and communicate in a timely manner to ensure that supplier is aware
of their performance.
- Liaison between quality and supplier to get corrective action
on any quality or service related issues. Systems
- Maintain accuracy of stock code information within SAP,
including lead-time, pricing, current supplier information, current
purchase order data, etc.
- Continually searches for strategic process and system
improvement for procurement process and vendor/supplier
- Ensure SAP parameters are maintained by monitoring minimum,
maximum, safety stock, and current inventory levels; making
recommendations to management for adjustments to levels.
- Working knowledge of SAP, to develop into the subject matter
export on SAP procurement moduleCollaboration
- Works with Production Planning to ensure 100% availability of
materials for production.
- Works with Sales, Marketing and Product Development to source
and procure unique raw materials for new products to meet launch
- Ability to interact and work effectively across multiple
departments and various management levels.
- Communicate with shipping and receiving on expected deliveries
and volumes in advance of arrival at Arlon in order to accommodate
and prepare for any storage requirements in warehousing.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing other job related
tasks as needed; enabling other workers to achieve their job
- Must embody the Arlon core values of Teamwork, Excellence,
Accountability, Integrity and Inspiration on a daily basis.
- Must be highly motivated, energized and dynamic in their
approach to work.
- Strong statistical, analytical, problem solving and
mathematical skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English,
- Be collaborative, show flexibility in working with other
departments and across all levels of employees. Experience, Skills
- BA or BS in Materials Management, Procurement, Business
Administration, Operations Planning or a related field
- MBA, CPM or APICS certification desirable but not
- SAP knowledge is preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in procurement including purchasing,
inventory control, contract negotiation, supply management,
supplier relationships, basics of Cost Accounting, and tracking
budget expenses in a manufacturing environment - required.
- Knowledge of MRP processes required.
- Working knowledge of the legal aspects of procurement and
- Computer proficiency in MRP/MPS systems, Excel (advanced),
Word, Email and database applications required. Physical
Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee
frequently is required to sit. The employee is frequently required
to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects,
tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move
up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision and distance vision. This job and position
description is subject to change based on company requirements.
Arlon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, or any other protected status in
accordance with all applicable laws. PM18 LI-AR1PI112663951
Keywords: Arlon Graphics LLC, Placentia , Buyer, Professions , Placentia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!