Company: Bimbo Bakeries
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Production Supervisor - Placentia, CA req7166 Employment Type: Regular Location: PLACENTIA,CA Have you ever enjoyed Arnold--, Brownberry-- or Oroweat-- bread? A Thomas'-- English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee--, Entenmann's-- or Marinela-- cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA! Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day. Description:BASIC PURPOSE / SCOPELeading and developing a highly productive and deeply humane, associate focused manufacturing environment. Proactively creates, develops and implements plans and procedures to motivate, lead and manage manufacturing associates on a designated shift. Directly responsible for ensuring associate safety, product safety, sanitation standards, daily sales order completions and production efficiencies on a designated shift. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITY
- Associate safety, focused on establishing and nurturing a culture of safety related activities and performance. Leading by example.
- Responsible for safety compliance with corporate policy, State and Federal regulations.
- Responsible to coordinate safety programs on assigned shift including associate education and the review of potential safety hazards pertaining to the equipment and manufacturing process.
- Responsible for Product Safety Compliance in accordance with BBU Policy.
- Responsible for daily production requirements in accordance with Quality Control, GMP, SQF, State and Federal regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining set product quality standards in manufacturing.
- Responsible for leading, managing and educating associates on BBU Quality Assurance programs and procedures.
- Responsible for leading, managing and educating associates on BBU-HACCP programs and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that products produced remain congruent with BBU standards.
- Responsible for positional training of manufacturing associates on a designated shift.
- Responsible for daily manufacturing associate activities based on sales order requirements.
- Responsible for incremental improvements in the manufacturing process. Recommend and initiate changes in methods of material, equipment or staffing to further increase efficiency, improve product quality and reduce manufacturing cost.
- Responsible for control of manufacturing budget such as associate scheduled hours, payroll cost, managing overtime and meeting manufacturing productivity objectives.
- Document, review and initiate in conjunction with the maintenance department repair work relating to the continuing upkeep of all manufacturing equipment.
- Responsible for implementation of new products as assigned.
- Ability to perform in a team based environment and participate on functional committees. Position Requirements: Qualifications Education:
- Two years of college preferred.
- Graduate of A.I.B. Baking Science and Technology course or A.I.B. Bakers Certification Program a plus.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus. Experience:
- Supervisory, Foreperson, or Lead experience in Manufacturing or Quality Assurance in plant manufacturing preferred. Competencies:
- PC Skills, Passion, Teamwork, Trust, Effectiveness. Knowledge:
- Excellent communication and associate engagement skills. Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
Keywords: Bimbo Bakeries, Placentia , Production Supervisor, Professions , Placentia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!