Company: Bimbo Bakeries USA
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold , Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A
Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee ,
Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then
you know Bimbo Bakeries USA! $5,000 Sign On BonusPosition Summary:
Position is responsible for ensuring equipment integrity and timely
repair. Effectively support the Preventative Maintenance (PM)
program with a focus on decreasing bakery downtime. Analyze
problems and interpret technical information necessary to make
required repairs (troubleshooting of equipment issues). Complete
all assigned work orders within the time allotted. Keep good
records of all work assignments and communicate across all
groups/departments. Able to identify required parts, current
inventories, and to list parts required for reorder. Must abide by
all company policies including Good Manufacturing Practices
(GMP's), Personal Safety Standards and Food Safety Standards.
Person will perform mechanical and electrical maintenance and
repairs on bakery production machinery. Duties will also include
maintenance of building and support equipment. Key Job
- Directs workers, or assists in diagnosing malfunctions in
electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic
maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair electrical systems up
to 480v, 3 phase, read and interpret electrical drawings.
- Training and experience in use of PLC's, VFD's, and HMIs/OITs
is a plus.
- Directs and coordinates assembly, fabrication and installation
activities to ensure equipment and systems conform to engineering
design and internal specifications and standards.
- Coordinates operation, maintenance, and repair activities to
obtain optimum utilization of machines and equipment.
- Recommends design modifications to eliminate machine or system
malfunctions or to improve safety, quality or equipment operating
- Researches and costs project proposals to determine
feasibility, payback and equipment design.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces OSHA and
company safety regulations.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to
workers, and assigns duties.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to
increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in
solving work problems.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of
- Conduct safety training and ensure compliance with all company
policies, plant rules and regulations.
- Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to
prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in
the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other
programs that support the SQF system and other 3rd party
- Ability to lift 55 lbs. with or without reasonable
accommodations Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the
world's largest baking company with operations in 32 countries.
Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries
and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome
Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000
associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate
offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the
freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our
associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their
own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make
a real difference in their professional and personal lives every
day.Job Requirements:Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Strong organizational, communication, and leadership
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and
- Must be able to read English and follow written procedures
- Ability to work off ground level with proper safety
- Ability to work in a non-air conditioned environment
- Ability to learn new skills
- Must be Team Oriented Person.Education and Work History:
- 3 years' supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment,
preferably in the food industry.
- HS Diploma/GED required; College Degree (or some college)
preferred.The physical and mental demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Be a part of
a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100%
renewable electric energy since July 2019, with energy created
through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the
Year for the fourth year in a row for superior leadership,
innovation and commitment to environmental protection through
- We have 18 ENERGY STAR Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste
- Over 1500 of our vehicles utilize alternative fuel - propane,
compressed natural gas, electric, or hybrid
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging
across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and
wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle. The physical
and mental demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with
a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants
and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability,
gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other
classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects
of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion,
compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training
and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal
employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed
affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified
individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled
veterans and other protected veterans.
Keywords: Bimbo Bakeries USA, Placentia , Maintenance Supervisor, Professions , Placentia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!