Accounts Payable Specialist
Posted on: July 1, 2019
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has partnered with a chemical distribution
company in Placentia, California (CA) that is need of an Accounts
- Maintain the vendor/supplier files by performing regular audits
to ensure accuracy.
- Maintain all accounts payable files, including weekly filing of
- Open, date stamp, and process incoming invoices. If needed,
re-route to appropriate department for purchase order matching.
- Code and voucher invoices once proper backup and approvals are
- Prepare daily check run which includes preparing checks for
mailing or overnight delivery.
- Process and code expense reports for corporate credit cards,
employee and salesperson expense reimbursements.
- Prepares accounts payable reports, as needed.
- Maintain all payables files.
- Interact with vendors regarding past due invoices, credits due,
incorrect invoices, or other payable issues.
- Perform accurately within deadlines under limited
- Interact professionally with all departments within the
- Maintain effective communication with other key departments and
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Prioritize and handle multiple projects at once, particularly
during month and year-end.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- General clerical duties as related to job responsibilities
(data entry, collating, photo copying, filing, etc.).
- Minimum of a High School diploma or GED / equivalent; Some
College coursework is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of accounts payable experience
- General Accounting knowledge
- Heavy data entry skills and experience
- Knowledge of Chempax software by Datacor a plus but not
- Strong math, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be organized with an ability to multi-task and prioritize
jobs, as needed
- Ability to work in an energetic, deadline oriented
- Proficient MS Office skills (i.e. Excel, Word, etc.) as well as
the ability to learn new software programs
- 10-key by touch helpful
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ultimate professional, vendor communication, interpersonal, and
team work skills
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Kforce, Placentia , Accounts Payable Specialist, Other , Placentia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!