Facility Security Officer
Company: RTL Networks, Inc.
Posted on: March 18, 2023
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
RTL Networks, Inc., headquartered in Denver, CO is a small but rapidly growing company providing information technology support services and personnel to a variety of commercial and government customers on long-term contracts across the United States.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND WORK LOCATIONS:
RTL has a unique part-time opening for an experienced Facility Security Officer (FSO) for its Branch Office in Placentia, CA., who will also double as the FSO for RTL Networks headquarters location in Denver, CO.
The RTL Branch Office in Placentia is a small possessing/processing location whose staff supports a contract out of China Lake, CA, and requires an FSO who lives within 50 miles of the facility per the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency rule. The part-time position can be performed from a home office with periodic visits to Placentia as needed for inspections and the occasional audits and meetings with the staff
RTL Networks headquarter location in Denver, CO is not a possessing location, and DCSA has allowed the FSO to be remote to support all personnel security, contracts, recruiting, human resources functions which are located in Denver. The Denver office is under the cognizance of the National Access Elsewhere Security Oversight Center (NAESOC) located in Maryland.
As the FSO for both locations, you will perform a wide variety of administrative and operational functions
RESPONSIBILITIES UNIQUE TO PLACENTIA:
* Conducts physical security duties and responsibility for maintaining the security-in-depth and closed area and experience with establishing new closed areas
* Oversight of the Access Control System
* Ensures that all classified material held by the site is compliant with the regulations and directives which govern marking, handling, controlling, storing, removing, transporting, sanitizing, reusing, and destroying classified information and equipment containing classified information
* Submits SCI nomination letters as requested by the end-user
* Maintains the Standard Operating Procedure document for Placentia
* Primary contact for DCSA annual reviews and correspondence
* Works closely with recruiters, hiring managers and human resources and end-user security personnel to assure smooth onboarding procedures for cleared employees
* Sends security onboarding training links and documents to new employees prior to their start dates. Maintains an Excel Training Spreadsheet.
* Maintains cleared employee security records
* Works closely with contracts to keep abreast of new business; maintains a security contract roster for both locations; enters business and contract information in NISS; prepare, review, and submit DD254s as necessary. Review all incoming DD254s and notify the contracts manager of any discrepancies; Comply with unique requirements for additional briefings i.e., NATO.
* Create, review, execute, and monitor the security policies, procedures, and practices in compliance with Government security requirements
* Experience using and understanding information in the Defense Information Security System (DISS) including checking and processing clearances, terminating clearances, submit visit requests, running reports, reporting foreign travel, foreign contacts, incident reporting, et al.
* Conduct mandatory annual Insider Threat, DoD, and NATO re-briefings
* Develops and sends periodic quarterly security awareness; informs employees as policies and procedures are updated such as the new reporting requirements
* Provide guidance and instructions to all employees to ensure any event, circumstance, or act that could be considered a breach of security is reported immediately
* Performs mandatory annual self-inspections and record results in the National Industrial Security System (NISS). Identifies deficiencies and recommends corrective
* Understands how NISS is used to report changed conditions
* Obtains rulings, interpretations, and acceptable deviations for compliance with regulations from government agencies
* Maintains the facility Insider Threat Program Policy documents to ensure they are current and administers Insider Threat training
* The FSO can be appointed as the Insider Threat Program Senior Official
* Primary contact with NAESOC for the Denver headquarters location
* Some familiarity with OCONUS business operations to protect PII (Denver)
* Possess a thorough understanding and working knowledge of 32CFR Part 117 National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM)
* Have basic knowledge and some experience with establishing new closed areas
* Candidates must have and be able to maintain eligibility for a U.S. Government security clearance at the Top Secret level
* Requires completion of FSO Program Management for Possessing Facilities Curriculum
* Understanding and familiarity of DD254 implementation requirements
* Demonstrated positive working relationship with internal and external customers
* Proficient with NISS, DISS, eQIP
* Ability to operate with minimum supervision
* Ability to be proactive in problem solving/process improvement
* Excellent organizational skills, adept at multi-tasking to support all security disciplines
* Ability to use computer software applications, including, but not limited to MS Office suite including Outlook, Word, Power Point, security database applications, and Excel
* Ability to be proactive and demonstrate leadership to ensure users of the closed area in Placentia comply with the full spectrum of security procedures
* Minimum of 10-years of experience as a multi-tasking FSO. Bachelor's degree in business administration can be substituted for 4 years of experience
* Requires U.S. Citizenship
* Must have eligibility for DoD Top Secret clearance
* Ability to multi-task, pay close attention to detail and operating at times under pressure
In compliance with California's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the hourly range for this position is $35 - $75. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. RTL Networks considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer
Chosen applicants will be required to pass pre-employment drug screening and a criminal background check.
RTL Networks, Inc., is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Keywords: RTL Networks, Inc., Placentia , Facility Security Officer, Other , Placentia, California
here to apply!