General Labor - Casting Operator (Temp-to-Hire)
Company: Arlon Graphics
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Company ProfileArlon Graphics, LLC is a cast vinyl manufacturing
company in the business of creating innovative material for visual
expression. Founded in 1958, Arlon Graphics manufactures and
markets high-quality pressure sensitive materials for the fleet,
architectural, digital imaging, and signage markets. Through more
than 180 distribution partners across the globe, a growing number
of strategically-positioned sales offices and warehouses, and
customer-centric operations, Arlon is recognized as a global leader
in graphic films. Join the Arlon Graphics conversation and follow
us at @arlongraphics on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
For more information, visit arlon.com. Summary/ObjectivePerform
duties to set up and operate department casting machinery to cast
and/or cure roll stock in accordance with customer specifications,
product specifications and process orders.
- Cast and/or cure as instructed specification, standard
operating procedures, and work instructions.
- Review process orders and process specifications to determine
materials required, quantity and product dimensions, and machine
- Pull raw materials as requested by process order or
specification requirements. .
- Set-up - Align and load material roll on unwind shaft and
thread material through machine according to SOP.
- Set-up machine parameters as required (tension, gap, pressure,
- Set counters and record material used and scrapped.
- Monitor operation for proper casting and/or curing, checking
for material defect, make equipment adjustments as necessary to
maintain quality standards and notify Quality Assurance department
of questionable material.
- Unload roll from machine and move to appropriate area.
- Perform QA testing as needed (physical properties, color,
- Prepare production records and inventory tags and return excess
stock to storage and enter location data into the computer
- Clean and set-up wet-end equipment (coating head, pump and
filters) as needed,
- Record and input data into a database system.
- Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly
- Handling Hazardous Waste and following procedures.
- All hazardous and flammable material must follow OSHA
requirements. Person Description
- Must embody the Arlon core values of Teamwork, Excellence,
Accountability, Integrity and Inspiration on a daily basis.
- Must be self-motivated, independent worker, team player and
detail oriented. Qualification RequirementsTo perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and/or
ExperienceMinimum requirements include a high school diploma or
equivalent, passing scores on Wonderlic Verbal and Quantitative
tests and skilled at weights and measures. Preferred 6 months of
previous manufacturing experience. Mathematical SkillsMust be able
to use basic mathematics, common fractions and decimals. Language
SkillsEffectively communicate verbally and in writing. Must have
the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
written, with all levels of organization and external suppliers and
customers. Must be able communicate well in English and follow work
instructions that are assigned to your job description. Physical
Demands The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is
regularly required to talk or hear. The individual frequently is
required to sit. The individual is required to stand continuously
during the packing process. The individual is frequently required
to walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools,
- The individual must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
intermittently. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Other Duties Please
note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
without notice. EEO Statement Arlon is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. PM18
Keywords: Arlon Graphics, Placentia , General Labor - Casting Operator (Temp-to-Hire), Other , Placentia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!