General Labor - Coater Operator (Temp-to-Hire)
Company: Arlon Graphics
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Company ProfileArlon Graphics, LLC is a cast vinyl manufacturing
company in the business of creating innovative material for visual
expression. Founded in 1958, Arlon Graphics manufactures and
markets high-quality pressure-sensitive materials for the fleet,
architectural, digital imaging, and signage markets. Through more
than 180 distribution partners across the globe, a growing number
of strategically-positioned sales offices and warehouses, and
customer-centric operations, Arlon is recognized as a global leader
in graphic films. Join the Arlon Graphics conversation and follow
us at @arlongraphics on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
For more information, visit arlon.com. Summary/ObjectivePerform
duties to set up and operate department coating machinery to coat
and/or laminate film in accordance with customer specifications,
product specifications and shop orders. Roles Responsibilities
- Coat and/or laminate as instructed by Lead Operator and
outlined on shop orders, standard operating procedures, and work
- Review shop orders and process specifications to determine
materials required, quantity and product dimensions, and machine
set-up.General Coating Functions
- Ability to read shop orders, material part numbers, and weekly
- Setup - Align and load material roll on unwind shaft and thread
material through machine according to SOP.
- Unload rolls from the machine and move to appropriate staging
- Ability to setup, clean up and troubleshoot the printer.
- Ability to make liner and vinyl splice including operation and
adjustment of the accumulator.
- Clean and set-up wet-end equipment (coating head, pump and
filters) as needed and monitor and make process/equipment as
- Identify coating defects and make corrective action to
eliminate the defect.
- Operate the wet end control panel.
- Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly
- Set up pump, tote, hose, liner and adhesive according to work
- Handling Hazardous Waste and procedures.
- Operate Forklift and Safety procedures.
- Operate Hoist and Safety procedures. Other DutiesPlease note
this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
without notice.Person DescriptionSkills and Experience:
- Must embody the Arlon core values of Teamwork, Excellence,
Accountability, Integrity and Inspiration on a daily basis.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Good listening techniques
- Pleasant, positive attitude
- Team player/interact well with others
- Time management
- Customer oriented .
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Minimum requirements include a high school diploma or
- Six months of previous manufacturing experience is
- Ability to use basic mathematics, common fractions and
decimals. Language SkillsExcellent communication skills required.
Must have the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and
in written, with all levels of organization and external suppliers
and customers. Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an individual to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to
talk or hear. The individual frequently is required to sit. The
individual is frequently required to stand; walk; and use hands to
finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The individual
must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust
focus and the ability to distinguish printed color. EEO
StatementArlon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, or any other protected status in
accordance with all applicable laws. PM18 PI124905186
Keywords: Arlon Graphics, Placentia , General Labor - Coater Operator (Temp-to-Hire), Other , Placentia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!