Global Information Technology & Security Director
Company: Arlon Graphics
Posted on: March 11, 2019
(Highly visible, strategically engaged position) - Lead Arlons Information Technology and Security along its evolutionary journey, helping to create and implement strategically aligned and highly effective IT solutions with global connectivity to improve business productivity and user efficiency. Be the technology advisor to the Arlon Leadership Team (ALT) and global businesses, provide professional, technical, educational, security, and leadership in establishing the direction and effectiveness of the IT team in shaping Arlons IT future.
Leading the management of the global IT function - The position will develop and implement IT strategies, policies and tactics in collaboration with the various areas of the business and functional leaders to direct the planning, implementation and support of the IT network and related systems, enterprise business systems, phone and video systems, desktop/user support and core systems administration with the objectives of improving cost effectiveness and service quality while establishing and maintaining compliance controls and security policies appropriate for a private company in our industry.
Responsibility for IT Security across the business - Lead the identification, development, implementation and maintenance of security tools and processes to reduce risks, respond to incidents and limit exposure to liability (including protection of the Companys intellectual property and data). The Director and his/her team are responsible for addressing all layers of the organizations technical security. Requires significant focus on enforcement of security controls and ensuring, where appropriate, certifications of the IT team to meet business requirements and be compliant where needed.
Supporting business and growth initiatives - The Director is expected to partner with various areas of the business where the IT team can best help deliver on the Companys growth objectives. The specific core focus areas/duties of this position are as follows:
- Provides innovative leadership, guidance and influence in developing/implementing long-term information technology plans that provide best in class IT solutions that align with and support Arlon business objectives, including IT architecture/governance, infrastructure, IT service desk, and application development / integration / education.
- Establish and lead a team to manage and own effective integration of existing as well as new/replacement enterprise applications such as HR systems (Paylocity), financial systems (SAP, Paychex), develop internal communication and collaboration tools, file sharing, etc.
- Lead and coach the IT team, including training, evaluating, and developing talent. Organize the IT department to support the growth of the company. Mentor the team and equip them with the right training and tools for success.
Strategy & Budget
- Support the IT needs of global regional businesses (Americas, EMEA, APAC). Develop, Implement, and manage IT and Security strategy (multi-year roadmap) and annual budget. Develop, track, and control the annual operating and capital budgets. Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Directly and cost-effectively manage IT systems related projects process across the global organization.
- Partner with business leaders to identify where the IT team might support the business sales, delivery and growth needs. Assign staff to support such activities where appropriate.
- Establish, implement, and maintain company-wide security policies and procedures with an emphasis on compliance and best in class setup.
- Establish and manage Security Controls, including protection of the Companys intellectual property and data.
- Ensure 100% up-time and operational effectiveness of all IT systems/infrastructure, including administration of security, backup, disaster recovery / business continuity.
- Manage desktop / help desk support, including provisioning and maintaining of PC and Mac desktops and laptops for all employees and other user support.
- Ensure the IT department provides coaching and leadership to systems users throughout the organization to enhance capability and adoption of technology advancements (Change Management). Helps create a learning organization with respect to systems and technology uses.
- Improve / automate business processes and increase user effectiveness.
Required Technical Knowledge
Must have the technical chops, including areas such as:
- Hands-on experience as a system administrator or network engineer.
- Understanding of data center and corporate network infrastructure.
- Experience supporting core system IT services such as active directory, email and file sharing, as well as systems supporting the business such as collaboration tools and file sharing mechanisms.
- Experience designing and implementing network architectures, systems and processes to protect the business.
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of IT and IT Security.
- Five+ years of increased responsibility in leading IT functions within a manufacturing environment utilizing SAP.
Education & Experience:
- Must embody the Arlon core values of Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Integrity and Inspiration on a daily basis.
- Have experience taking a company through latest technology on a global scale, at least 5 years experience should have included managing all facets of IT and IT teams, including developing architecture/governance/compliance (GDPR et al), hardware/infrastructure, application life-cycle, latest security, tier 1 vendor reviews and implementations and managing remote external IT support.
- Bachelors Degree (or higher) in Information Systems, IT, Computer Science or Engineering with an information technology focus is required. Masters is a plus.
- Senior level experience leading IT across multiple geographies for 5+ years within the manufacturing industry, with best-practice security policies and IT general controls.
- Experience with / implementation and application management of SAP EEC 6 preferred.
- Experience in implementing and maintaining enterprise applications, including helping to define requirements, evaluating vendors, negotiating contracts and the full delivery of the solution.
- Proven track record of managing an IT team to successfully deliver the requirements of the IT and Security function, nurturing the professional development of team members along the way.
- Beneficial certifications include; CISSP, CISM, CISA, AWS, VMWare.
- Able to effectively communicate across the global organization in support of collaborative cross-functional, and at times, multi-lingual project teams.
Arlon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. PM18
Keywords: Arlon Graphics, Placentia , Global Information Technology & Security Director, IT / Software / Systems , Placentia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!