Sr Embedded Software Engineer
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Software Engineers that like working on Cutting Edge Military
Electronics? Take a Closer Look?
This Jobot Job is hosted by Jenner Wiggins
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and
sending us your resume.
Salary $120,000 - $150,000 per year
A Bit About Us
We are a Private Aerospace and Defense company specializing in
providing board-level products and systems that offer
state-of-the-art computer technology Communication solutions for
the military and defense, industrial controls and factory
automation industries. Our core competency is the design of
hardware and software solutions.
Why join us?
- Every Other Friday Off!
- Great Benefits!
- Cutting Edge R&D Engineering Environment!
The Sr. Software Engineer will work directly with engineering
staff, production staff and customers to design, develop, and
validate various special purpose communication systems supporting
the U.S. military. This individual will perform detailed software
and/or firmware design/analysis, work closely with project leads to
coordinate prototyping activities, and be responsible for the
assigned software and system design from concept through production
phase. The individual must have a good working and analytical
knowledge of POSIX and Win32 multithreaded design, device driver
design and programming in Linux and Windows, and real-time
programming in VxWorks and other embedded environments. They must
possess in-depth knowledge of the workings of real-time operating
systems, demonstrated C/C++ coding experience, and object-oriented
design skills. This individual will be responsible for their own
generated project plans and running project teams when projects
become large or are beyond their skill set, experience, or
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and validate projects with C, C++, and systems such as
(VxWorks, Linux, Windows, FreeBSD, HP-UX etc.)
- Write detailed requirement documentation based on high level
- Perform detailed software and firmware sub-system analysis,
simulation, and design work as required.
- Work with software/firmware system concepts and detailed
software/firmware design to properly determine the necessary design
- Participate in system test planning and system test procedure
generation for first articles.
- Provide support to the design, development, and verification
testing of real-time and GUI software designs.
- Directly support customers with questions and issues on
- Produce regression tests for software designs.
- Develop production test software for board level and system
- Generate user documentation (such as user manuals and user
- Participate in all phases of design activities.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors in Software Engineering
- 7+ Years of experience in hands-on design, implementation, and
testing of software.
- Experience with C/C++ programming.
- Experience with object oriented design principles.
- Experience with POSIX and/or Win32 multithreaded software
- Experience with GUI application design.
- Experience with creating applications to operate in real-time
- Experience with Hardware
- Experience with Device driver programming in Linux and
- Experience with digital busses (PCI, PCIe, USB, VME etc.),
chipsets and architecture concepts.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply"
Keywords: Jobot, Placentia , Sr Embedded Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Placentia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!