Patient Access Supervisor at Placentia Linda Hospital
Company: Conifer Health Solutions
Posted on: January 13, 2022
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family,
Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to
clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our
clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve
their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare.
Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to
value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare
experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are
you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that
gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare
services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to
take your career to the next step!JOB SUMMARY Responsible for
providing guidance and mentoring of new and/or existing staff with
daily work effort and proper handling of accounts.ESSENTIAL DUTIES
AND RESPONSIBILITIESInclude the following. Others may be
- Provides daily support/mentoring/training to new hires as well
as existing Patient Access staff. Provides assistance in managing
escalated issues as needed.
- Assists in preparation for both short and long range planning
recommendations for all Registration Process areas including;
Admitting, Centralized Scheduling, Emergency Department and any on
or offsite clinics.
- Maintains positive customer service at all times, assisting
staff in resolving issues.
- Enforces departmental policies, practices, procedures and work
rules in accordance with approved department and hospital policies
and assists in the development and implementation of new policies
according to hospital and corporate guidelines.
- Responsible for the monitoring of daily activity and completion
of performance and metric reports such as financial clearance
reports; also can perform special projects and reporting when
- Perform all Patient Access functions as needed.
- Acts as part of the management team to ensure that the group is
meeting all operational goals.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This
position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance
with guidelines, policies and procedures and applicable laws.
Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and
training employees; planning, assigning and directing work;
appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees;
addressing complaints and resolving problems.Direct Reports
(titles) Rep, PA I-IV
Conifer requires its candidates, as applicable and as permitted by
law, to obtain and provide confirmation of all required
vaccinations and screenings prior to the start of employment. This
may include, but is not limited to, the COVID-19 vaccination,
influenza vaccination, and/or any future required vaccines and
screenings.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIESTo perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems in Health Care
- Clear understanding of Revenue Cycle Management and Regulatory
- Ability to receive and express detailed information through
oral and written communications.EDUCATION / EXPERIENCEInclude
minimum education, technical training, and/or experience required
to perform the job.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- College degree preferred.
- 2 or 4 year college degree in Business, Accounting, Medical
Administration or related area preferred
- 4 plus years experience in medical facility, health insurance,
or related area
- 5 plus years experience in Patient Access preferred
- 2 plus years in supervisory or lead role preferredPHYSICAL
DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Must be able to work in sitting positionWORK ENVIRONMENT The
work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Hospital Work EnvironmentOTHER
- Must be available to work hours and days as needed based on
- Must be on-call as neededJob: Patient AccessPrimary Location:
Placentia, CaliforniaJob Type: Full-timeShift Type: DaysEmployment
practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant 's or
employee 's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any
other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: Conifer Health Solutions, Placentia , Patient Access Supervisor at Placentia Linda Hospital, Healthcare , Placentia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!