Senior Product Line Manager
Company: ARLON GRAPHICS
Posted on: September 10, 2019
The senior product line manager is responsible for the overall
global product line portfolio, managing a segment of the portfolio,
and for developing new products manufactured in the U.S. New
product development, in collaboration with regional market leaders,
includes understanding end user needs, participating in market
research, detailing product requirements, assessing product
profitability and managing project timelines for new product
introductions. This position interfaces with cross functional teams
for every stage of the product development process. The senior
product line manager is also responsible for the management of
existing products throughout their product life cycle, including
specific ownership of a segment of the overall product portfolio.
This responsibility including product improvements, line
extensions, and oversight of product line performance and
profitability. The senior product line manager will be comfortable
working in a fast-paced, technical product manufacturing
environment and with cross-functional teams to design, develop,
roll-out and manage products that deliver on the company's
PRODUCT LINE MANAGEMENT
- Market Research and Analysis
- Develop and continue to expand knowledge base of global product
applications and usage behaviors for all product segments.
- Document market needs through collaboration with regional market
leaders and customers.
- Translate usage behaviors and needs into detailed product
- Identify gaps in the product portfolio and assess opportunity,
revenue and margin potential.
- Understand competitive products by assessing competitors' product
- Product Development
- Develop concepts for potential new products to drive growth
within specific product segments, across the entire portfolio, and
in line with the company's growth strategy.
- Establish time schedules by scoping and prioritizing activities
based on business and customer impact in collaboration with R&D
and Operations, utilizing the Stage Gate process.
- Interface with regional leaders and customers to understand
product performance targets.
- Drive the Stage Gate process for assigned new product development
projects, and the entire product portfolio, working closely with
cross-functional teams to deliver new products within agreed
- Work closely with Technical Service and Technical Sales to
understand product application, anticipate potential failure modes,
and deliver a successful usage experience.
- Develop product pricing recommendations and positioning
strategies in collaboration with Regional Sales and Marketing.
- Prepare margin and return-on-investment analysis in collaboration
- Provide input to Regional Marketing on promotional plans to
ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy across
the entire product portfolio.
- Product Management
- Own and drive product roadmap for a segment of the global product
portfolio, and across the entire product portfolio.
- Develop and continue to expand technical product expertise in
assigned product range.
- Interface with Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality, R&D
and Technical Services to drive product changes / improvements on
core product lines.
- Analyze and initiate projects to address underperforming products
in the assigned portfolio.
- Work closely with Product Planning and Operations to manage raw
material complexity and Maximize overall product line
- Oversee your team of one direct report within Product
- Ability to drive new processes to improve the team's day-to-day
- Interface with sales on the management of regional pricelists and
Manages an employee in the Product Management department,
specifically the product line manager. Is responsible for the
overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning,
assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding
and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday
through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend
work may be required as job duties demand.
Skills and Experience
- Must embody the Arlon core values of Teamwork, Excellence,
Accountability, Integrity and Inspiration on a daily basis
- Enthusiastic self-starter able to work independently as well as
part of a team and lead a team
- Organized and effectively focused with excellent follow-up
- Customer oriented with a sense of urgency and purpose
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Technically orientated with an ability to understand
manufacturing process and product design
- Strong project management skills and results focused
- Ability to lead project teams effectively to desired
- Effective cross-functional relationship builder and team
- Analytical and detail oriented, as well as systems and process
- Handle pressure well and can thrive in a fast-paced
- Committed to ongoing career development with a desire to learn
- Ability to balance Sales and customer needs with
- Pleasant, positive attitude/ability to interact well with
others and earn respect of team
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Prior work experience in product management, with prior
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful
product lines throughout its lifecycle.
- Ability to develop product line strategies, and create product
roadmaps based on quantified market and end user insight.
- Industry experience in wide format commercial graphics, wide
format printing, ink or print media is required.
- Proven history of driving sustainable new product revenue and
margin growth, over a period of 1-2+ years, while maintaining an
existing portfolio of products.
- Demonstrated skills in identifying potential product and/or
market opportunities, analyze potential, debate viable approaches
and implement agreed plans.
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one's
sleeves to get the job done.
- Skilled at working effectively with and leading cross
functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Accomplished written and verbal communication and presentation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel & Power Point; SAP
proficiency and advanced Excel proficiency a plus (Analysis, Pivot
- Bachelor of Science or college degree with a concentration in
business or engineering. Master's degree is a plus.
- Minimum 5-7 years' experience in product management or related
role; graphics industry a plus.
Language Skills: Excellent communication skills required. Must have
the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
written, with all levels of organization and external suppliers and
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to
sit. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and use
hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision peripheral vision, depth perception, the
ability to adjust focus and the ability to distinguish printed
The employee must be able to travel 15% of their time via plane and
road, have a valid passport and have a valid driving license ( for
rental vehicles ).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Arlon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, or any other protected status in
accordance with all applicable laws. PM18 LI-AR1
Keywords: ARLON GRAPHICS, Placentia , Senior Product Line Manager, Executive , Placentia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!