Company: Arlon Graphics
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Arlon Graphics, LLC is a cast vinyl manufacturing company in the
business of creating innovative material for visual expression.
Founded in 1958, Arlon Graphics manufactures and markets
high-quality pressure-sensitive materials for the fleet,
architectural, digital imaging, and signage markets. Through more
than 180 distribution partners across the globe, a growing number
of strategically positioned sales offices and warehouses, and
customer-centric operations, Arlon is recognized as a global leader
in graphic films. Join the Arlon Graphics conversation and follow
us at @arlongraphics on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
For more information, visit arlon.com.Summary and ObjectivesAs a
member of the Product Management Team, the Product Manager is
responsible for managing the performance of a segment of the
product portfolio and executing initiatives to continue the success
of Arlon's global leadership in Graphic Films.Key responsibilities
include creating new products, line extensions and product
improvements following a stage gate process, product life cycle
management, pricing administration and competitive product/market
analysis.Additional responsibilities include leading or supporting
process improvement projects, product collateral, pricing and
profitability, and regional product inquiries and requirements.The
Product Manager will be comfortable working in a fast-paced,
technical product manufacturing environment, and with
cross-functional teams to develop, commercialize and manage
products that deliver on the company's vision.Key
- Build knowledge base of product and applications for key market
- Document market needs through collaboration with regional sales
and market studies.
- Translate usage needs into detailed product performance
- Identify gaps in the product portfolio and assess opportunity,
revenue and margin potential.
- Understand key competitors' products by assessing competitors'
- Lead stage gate process for assigned product development
projects working closely with cross-functional teams to deliver
projects within agreed timelines.
- Develop product positioning strategies and product pricing
recommendations in collaboration with Regional Sales and
- Prepare profit margin and return-on-investment analysis in
collaboration with Finance.
- Lead product lifecycle management assessment and
recommendations for assigned product portfolio.
- Interface with Manufacturing, Quality, R&D and Technical
Service to drive product changes and/or improvements on key product
lines as appropriate.
- Work closely with Product Planning and Operations to support
accurate forecasting, manage raw material complexity and deliver
overall product line productivity.
- Drive assigned new processes and process improvements to
achieve productivity targets.
- Interface with Sales and Sales Management on Regional
pricelists, quotes and custom warranties..
Required Education, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical field of study.
- Minimum two years of product management experience.
- Strong communication skills (listening, written, verbal,
presentation) at all organizational levels.
- Technically orientated with an ability to understand
manufacturing process and product design.
- Experience with new product development process methodology
(i.e. stage gate process) to create new products that meet required
- Analytical and detail oriented, as well as a system and process
approach to work.
- Extremely well organized and effectively focused, with
excellent tracking and follow-up skills.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint and Excel
(analysis, pivot tables, vlookups).
- Customer-orientated and ability to be flexible supporting the
demands of the commercial strategy.
- Strong project management skills; lead projects and project
teams from concept to completion.
- Enthusiastic self-starter able to work independently as well as
part of a team.Preferred Education, Skills & Experience
- Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or other related
technical field of study.
- Prior experience in a related industry such as commercial
graphics, labels, digital printing, adhesives, films, inks,
coatings or prior experience in a manufacturing environment.
- SAP experience.Physical DemandsThe physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk
or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee
is frequently required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger,
handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must be
able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision
peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus
and the ability to distinguish printed colour. The employee must be
able to travel up to 10% of their time via plane and road, have a
valid passport and have a valid driving license.Other DutiesPlease
note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
without notice.EEO StatementArlon is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. #PM18
- Direct applicants only
- No third party soliciting PI133122594
Keywords: Arlon Graphics, Placentia , Product Manager, Executive , Placentia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!