Associate Process Engineer
Company: Arlon Graphics
Posted on: June 12, 2019
Works with the team to efficiently meet production requirements in
accordance with prescribed EHS and quality standards. Supervises
the converting operation and drives continuous improvement
projects. Essential Functions include the following. Other duties
may be assigned.
- Improve Productivity:a. Optimization of processes using time
studies or data analysisb. Creation and implementation of standard
workc. Improvement of housekeepingd. Development, implementation,
and improvement of OEE by collaborating with engineering
- Improve Quality:a. Pareto largest defectsb. Identify root
causec. Create teams and solutions to resolve
- Improve Flow of Product, Supplies and Information:a.
Identification of wastes in the processb. Implementation of methods
to reduce this waste
- Develop a Highly Effective, Cross-Trained Team:a. Assist in the
hiring of high potential, motivated personnelb. Provide effective
trainingc. Provide performance assessments in the form of positive
recognition, counseling, and performance reviews.
- Run reports (closed process order variances, open orders,
scrap, etc.) and effectively resolves any valid variances.
- Source and procure needed equipment, tools, and supplies as
- Ensure stringent compliance to Environmental, Health, and
- Champion compliance of the ISO system across the department.
Develop and draft ISO procedures as required.
- Provide technical problem solving for day to day problems in
the areas of production, process improvement, quality, service,
scrap reduction, etc.
- Improve reliability of machine and process operation by design
and implementation of TPM/PM and other engineered preventative
- Responsible for all Downstream manufacturing and other
operations aspects of scaling up new products that are being
introduced by R&D including, but not limited to; process
development, writing standard work or work instructions, training
operators on all shifts on production techniques, establishing
process parameters, etc.
- Develop and manage capital projects from inception through
installation including process investigation, equipment
specification, vendor selection, writing capital requests (CERs),
coordination of work, and start-up.
- Responsible for conducting FEs and MEs on the manufacturing
floor including, but not limited to; creating an experimental
design (DOE or other scientific methods), completion of all
paperwork to assure a successful trial in accordance with ISO
procedures, coordinating machine and materials, communicating
expectations and instructions to machine operators, conducting the
trial, completing all required testing, and reporting results.
- Responsible for leading focused improvement teams including
creating a team mission and scope of work, providing a team project
plan and executing to the plan, timely communication of progress,
and other aspects of leading an improvement team as
needed.Supervisory Responsibilities:This position doesnt have
direct reports, but certain supervision and leadership is required
on occasion including, but not limited to:
- Providing direction to production crews during experimental
- Leadership of formal process improvement teams.Position
Type/Expected Hours of Work:This is a full-time position. Days and
hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
Occasional early morning, late evening and weekend work may be
required as job duties demand. From time to time you may be
required to work in another shift to support Converting
projects/training and supervision.Person Description:Skills
- Must embody the Arlon core values of Teamwork, Excellence,
Accountability, Integrity and Inspiration on a daily basis.
- A BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is required.
- This is an entry level position, some experience
- Supervisory experience is an advantage.
- Highly computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access,
- Experience with formalized problem solving, process improvement
tools and methods, and statistical analysis (Lean and Six Sigma) an
- Capable of working with sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Capable of understanding and interpreting test results.
- Ability to work and communicate with people in assigned area
and in different areas of the business.
- Ability to generate practical solutions to complex
- Must have the ability to effectively and tactfully communicate
with others. Physical Demands:The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk
or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee
is frequently required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger,
handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.The employee must
frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust
focus and the ability to distinguish printed colour.Other
DutiesPlease note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.EEO StatementArlon is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. #PM18
Keywords: Arlon Graphics, Placentia , Associate Process Engineer, Engineering , Placentia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!