Company: Arlon Graphics
Posted on: September 11, 2019
Position Overview: The Marketing Designer position supports the
Marketing and Sales Department with the creation and coordination
of all outbound global marketing communications and design related
activities, ultimately contributing and bringing success to all
Marketing efforts. The Designer, reporting to the Sr. Visual
Designer, should have the ability to work efficiently with
collaborators and execute print and digital projects based on given
art direction to meet deadlines. Who You Are:You are a self-driven
designer who can operate effectively with minimal oversight while
welcoming collaboration and feedback from other team members. You
are a strong communicator and are able to articulate creative ideas
and justify decisions by expressing yourself in a straightforward
manner. You encourage and embrace differing opinions and
perspectives throughout the creative process. You understand the
big picture and can balance and prioritize in order to meet your
deadlines. You are passionate about the strategy of design, and not
just the art of design..
- Design and update brochures, fliers, data sheets, presentation
templates and new sales tools.
- Update existing templates and create new marketing collateral
across all delivery platforms, digital and print, in support of
Arlons marketing and sales initiatives.
- Under supervision from the Sr. Visual Designer, you will manage
design projects and production processes from concept to
- Pre-flight files in preparation for press and large format
printing, confirming that the files required for the printing
process are all present, valid, and error free.
- Proofread all marketing collateral for consistencies,
misspelled words, and design errors.
- Work closely with the Sr. Visual Designer during high
production times to execute deliverables for Tradeshows,
Educational Events, and Promotions.
- Maintain Arlons brand throughout materials while integrating
new creative ideas.
- Participate in project meetings and brainstorming
sessions.Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in a related field or combination of
experience and education. Salary to commensurate experience.
- 2-4 years of design experience
- Portfolio demonstrates proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop,
Illustrator, (Adobe Creative Suite), and Microsoft
PowerPointProfile, Skills and Experience:
- Must embody the Arlon core values of Teamwork, Excellence,
Accountability, Integrity and Inspiration on a daily basis.
- Deadline driven; with the ability to juggle multiple projects
at different stages of development.
- Comfortable doing a good amount of production work, while also
spearheading more creative projects.
- Proactive, self-disciplined, and confident in a fast-paced
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to articulate
ideas and solutions to other team members.
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to adapt to changing
needs and project deadlines
- Eager to learn, and willing to take on new
challengesRequirements for consideration:
- Must provide link to portfolio that shows varied body of work
demonstrating knowledge of both digital and print design.
- Candidates will need to present portfolio and walk interviewers
through design processes and decisions.
- Candidates may be asked to take basic design skills test
demonstrating proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, and
- Proficient in MAC environment
- Experience with large format printing a plus
- Basic HTML/CSS a plusCompetencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops
alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work flow; Uses
time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and
objectives; Contributes and coordinates with other team members to
reach common goals; Develops realistic action plans for his/her
individual and team projects.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, remains
open to others' ideas and tries new things. Maintains a positive,
solution-focused attitude. Receptive to constructive criticism and
critique of work.
- Written Communication / Oral Communication - Writes clearly and
informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents
numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written
information; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or
negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well
to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates
in meetings. Responsive to emails and returns calls promptly.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities;
Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and
welcomes feedback. Willing to teach or help team members with basic
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional situations
involving customers or sales reps; Responds promptly to
customer/sales needs; Solicits feedback to improve service;
Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits
sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for
decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process;
Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates
persistence and overcomes obstacles; Takes calculated risks to
accomplish goals. Takes initiative to communicate with management
potential problems and solutions that are currently
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions;
Follows through on commitments.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment;
Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit
the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time;
Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at
meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments;
Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals;
Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an
alternate plan. Maintains focus and uses time effectively, Refrains
from excessively checking personal social media during work
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets
challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for
improving work. Pushes self to grow as a designer by staying
current with design processes, trends and software.Benefits/Perks:
- New modern workspace with open collaborative environment
- Uncapped quarterly bonuses
- Fun events
- Health/Vision benefits
- Generous PTO
- Sick timePhysical Demands:The physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The
employee must be able to travel on an airplane and drive an
automobile (rental).This job and position description is subject to
change based on company requirements.EEO StatementArlon is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sex, national origin, disability, protected
veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with
all applicable laws. PM18 LI-AR1 PI113543851
Keywords: Arlon Graphics, Placentia , Marketing Designer, Advertising , Placentia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!