Company: Arlon Graphics
Posted on: September 11, 2019
Position Overview:This position will primarily focus on supporting
the daily time sensitive deliverables in a fast-paced Accounting
Department. The ideal candidate will have a high level of energy
and professionalism, be detail-oriented, forward thinking and have
a positive 'can do' attitude. We are looking for someone who is
interested in building a future with a top performing team and a
progressive, reputable company. This person will be responsible for
preparing and maintaining routine accounts payable, account
receivables and general accounting transactions. .
Essential duties include the following:Accounts Payable Duties:
- General accounts payable functions including defining and
eliminating root cause of vendor invoice discrepancies through
appropriate corrective actions while leveraging the automated
invoice processing solution. Work with various purchasing
departments and vendors to ensure solutions align with company
- Proactively engaged in the invoice flow, seeking out
abnormalities to vendor invoices and seeking appropriate
validation. Proactively engaged in the review and understanding of
company purchases, seeking out opportunities for cost
- Ensure proper internal controls are followed such as purchaser
is not receiving goods, etc.
- Maintain an organized paperless filing system that meets
- Interact with various departments (including R&D,
Operations, and Sales) regarding day-to-day activities related to
departmental expenses and operating results. Provide ad-hoc reports
- Process expense reports.Accounts Receivable Duties:
- Daily posting of cash receipt to appropriate customer accounts
including credit card posting, lock box and multi-currency bank
accounts. Work closely with Managers to ensure close loop
communication on cash receipts as required to drive sound business
- Daily, weekly and monthly updates of cash receipt reports, seek
out opportunities to automate and streamline error proof reports,
leveraging SAP and banking reports. Create graphs that support KPIs
and the like as needed to support business decisions.
- Work closely with customer service and sales team to resolve
customer disputes with customer service and sales organization
within established timelines. Support defining root cause of repeat
disputes, seek out permanent solutions by teaming with customer
service and sales team.
- Gain and maintain a strong understanding of internal and
external customer expectations. Seek out opportunities to
continuously improve the cash application process and communication
- Understand and ensure compliance with accounts receivable
policies, procedures and requirements.
- Manage and maintain customer accounts in SAP.General Accounting
- Accumulate the financial transactions necessary to conduct
appropriate analysis and reconciliations, in preparation of journal
- Maintain documented and supported balance sheet reconciliations
as assigned and meet critical deadlines. Assist in the month-end
close, which will include but not limited to preparing journal
entries, bank reconciliations and prepaid balance sheets.
- Conduct general accounting functions to include balance sheet
reconciliations Support the liaison and partnership between the two
organizations as directed by management.
- Support internal and external audit functions.
- Conduct SAP transactional product cost updates. Education,
Skills & Experience:To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities perform the essential
functions.Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- Minimum 1 year of accounting experience is required, preferably
in a manufacturing environment and intermediate excel.
- Mathematical - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as
discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measures, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent all required.
- Technology - PC Skills that include working knowledge of
Microsoft Outlook, Access and Word required. Working knowledge of
ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and ideally exposure to SAP and
Host Analytics is preferred. Profile:
- Must embody the Arlon core values of Teamwork, Excellence,
Accountability, Integrity and Inspiration on a daily basis.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to prioritize and
- Unquestionable integrity.
- Personal drive / motivation towards excellence.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Proactive, detail oriented and responsive.
- Organized Must work to Lean standardsLanguage Skills: Excellent
communication skills required. Must have the ability to communicate
effectively, both verbally and in written, with all levels of
organization and external suppliers and customers. Fluent in
English and ability to write reports and procedures. Ability to
effectively present information and respond to questions from
individuals or groups. Physical Demands:The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to
sit. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and use
hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.The
employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to
adjust focus and the ability to distinguish printed color.The
employee must be able to travel 5% of their time via plane and
road, have a valid passport and have a valid driving license ( for
rental vehicles ).Other Duties:Please note this job description is
not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the
employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may
change at any time with or without notice.EEO Statement:Arlon is an
equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sex, national origin, disability, protected
veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with
all applicable laws. PM18 LI-AR1 PI113543849
Keywords: Arlon Graphics, Placentia , Junior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Placentia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!