Company: Hartwell Corporation
Posted on: November 12, 2021
PURPOSE AND PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITES This position is
responsible for handling various aspects of the Accounting/Finance
team's requirements including maintenance of financial records
surrounding inventory/cost accounting, cycle counts, and fixed
assets as well as aspects of AP and AR. The position also assists
with month end close and corporate reporting requirements,
including internal and external audit requirements. ESSENTIAL
DUTIES - other duties may be assigned
- Responsible for month-end G/L closing process.
- Perform/review account reconciliation and analysis on a monthly
- Prepare monthly financial statements and supporting
- Assist in budget preparation and forecasting.
- Analyze actual vs. budget operating performance.
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the reporting of all
financial information on a monthly, quarterly and yearly
- Management of key Cycle Count aspects of organization including
scheduling and review of counts on monthly and quarterly
- Review and preparation of all inventory/costing related
reconciliations including month end close and related entries,
analysis and reporting requirements.
- Evaluate capital expenditures and analyze the short and
long-term return on investment.
- Ensure the accounting procedures comply with S.O.X.
- Assistance with various aspects of AR and AP, including AR
collections, AR invoice uploads to external portals and AP supplier
creation / maintenance.
- Prepare monthly analysis of AR balances and customer payment
- Prepares census reports, sales and use tax reports and various
- Maintains fixed assets sub-system and reconciliation to GL. 15.
Supports Accounting department and performs other duties as
assigned. 16. Prepares month end journal entries. 17. Ad Hoc
projects and reports. EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- BS in Accounting, CPA a plus.
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience. OTHER
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, analytical skills and
AVANTE ERP desirable.
- Able to problem solve and handle a variety of issues.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Ability to work well in a team as well as an individual
Keywords: Hartwell Corporation, Placentia , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Placentia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!