Company: Arlon Graphics LLC
Posted on: March 14, 2020
While embracing all company Core Values equally balanced, the
Senior Accountant position holds the responsibility for maintaining
compliance with GAAP accounting practices and procedures to ensure
accurate and timeliness of consolidated and regional financial
statements spanning domestic and international areas of our
business. To include but not limited to revenue and expense
recognition, reserves and accruals. The Senior Accountant is
responsible for ensuring department work processes and procedures
are completed accurately and on time providing quality review of
accounting transactions. The Senior Accountant position includes
tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including
general ledger accounting, financial reporting, and audit support
annual planning activities. As the Senior Accountant you will work
closely with the Controller on all accounting and finance matters,
propose changes to policies and procedures achieve best practices
in accounting operations. Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial
reporting and general ledger accounting principles and standard
practices, including developing subject matter expertise for the
ERP and financial reporting system. Stay current on GAAP and IFRS
- Develop and maintain best practices for closing and producing
quality financial statements timely and accurately.
- Collaborate with Controller and budget owners towards improved
annual budget cycle.
- Partner with Controller to support overall department goals and
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient
procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of
- Recommend solutions to the Controller regarding the handling of
non-routine accounting transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from the Controller and Leadership Team
and Managers regarding financial results, special reporting
requests and the like.
- Proactively provide insight and recommendations to budget
managers to ensure continued alignment with the budget utilizing
- Work with the Controller to ensure quarterly and year-end audit
deadlines are met.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities, reduce process
time and document procedures to enhance the workflow.
- Proactively monitor accounting transactions, identify large
fluctuations, conduct analysis and communicate to appropriate
- Identify and leverage opportunities to optimize cash flow and
support business objectives.
- Support weekly forecasting and monthly close functions by
conducting reconciliations of various balance sheet accounts to
include inventory, cash, reserves and daily bank reconciliation
- Support Controller with special projects and workflow process
- Other duties and projects as deemed necessary.Required
Experience and Knowledge:
- High level of proficiency SAP ECP (FICO module) with ability to
navigate all business transactions and understand work flows
through to the general ledger. Capable of identifying and
extracting data required to account, analyze and report on the
- Solid knowledge of accounting transaction cycles such as sales
order, and purchase order and internal controls.
- Ability to create and communicate management summary reports
with supporting detailed analysis.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel (i.e. pivot tables, lookup
- SAP COPA, Business Intelligence and Host Analytics Financial
reporting software experience are a plus.Education & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree (or higher) in Accounting or Finance
- Big 4 experience or CPA preferred.
- Five to eight years of experience in a manufacturing accounting
and finance environment.Person Attributes:
- Must embody the Arlon core values of Teamwork, Excellence,
Accountability, Integrity and Inspiration daily.
- Self-motivated with passion towards making a difference through
continuous improvement, streamlining processes and procedures.
- Goal oriented and can work closely with all members of the
Finance and Accounting team.
- Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Remain above reproach with high level of ethics and
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and issues
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a
- Proven decision-making experience, ability to work
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
enabling effective communication with all levels of
- Be reliable, responsive, timely and courteous.
- Flexible hours as needed (after hours and weekend work during
busy periods).Language Skills:
- Excellent communication skills required. Must have the ability
to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written, with all
levels of organization and external suppliers and customers.
Proficient in English, additional language skills an
- Able to effectively communicate across the global organization
in support of collaborative cross- functional, and at times,
multi-lingual project teams.
- Ability to write reports and procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from individuals or groups. EEO StatementArlon is an
equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sex, national origin, disability, protected
veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with
all applicable laws. PM18 LI-AR1PI118867726
Keywords: Arlon Graphics LLC, Placentia , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Placentia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!